- Your Price:$475.00
Before the XTX became the regulator of choice, the ATX models ruled the seas. The ATX40 is still made available today at an entry-level price. This excellent regulator offers a fully balanced first and second stage with coldwater capability.
This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life
This high-performance regulator boasts an over-balanced first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage.
The smooth, quiet breath is sure to enhance your diving enjoyment.
Suitable for coldwater use thanks to its first stage environmental dry seal and second stage heat exchanger.
The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece, with its patented bridge virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 4 MP ports are available
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing
- The large purge button on the ATX is easy to operate even with thick gloves.
- The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted freeflow at the surface.
- An extremely efficient exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
- Offers a compact, integrated exhaust tee
|Type of first stage||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type||Cylindrical with environmental dry seal (DS4)|
|Number of HP ports||1 (7/16" UNF)|
|Number of MP ports||4 (3/8" UNF)|
|Environmental Dry Kit||Standard|
|First stage exterior||Chrome over marine brass|
|Type of second stage||Pneumatically balanced|
|Integrated Venturi Lever||Yes|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Yes|
|Overall Work of Breathing (WOB) scores||Avg. 0.85 joules/liter|
|Nitrox compatible||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%|